Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ostara

As many of you are aware, we just celebrated Ostara, the Spring Equinox on March 21st. The Christians adapted this holiday and transformed it into what we know as Easter. Ostara is a time to celebrate a rejuvination of life. The rebirth cycle of the circle. Traditional Ostara celebrations last from the Equinox up until the next Full Moon which doesnt occur until Friday, April 6th.

People would color or mark eggs (symbols of fertility) with prosperity symbols and then hide them for the kids to find in the house. This is an Ostara tradition that we still follow today. Magick that you preform during Ostara is stronger if it focuses on renewal, balance or fertility.

This is a great time to do a full house cleanse, and rejuvinate the home protections that you have in place. Renew you altar area and recast your spiritual space. Fertility doesn't always mean getting pregnant, it is simply the state of being fertile. This can apply to anything in your life that needs a little fertility, whether it be money, creativity, love, or healing.

Something that I personally do every Ostara is to create my own "Eggemental". All it takes is an egg and a marker. You are basically creating out of the egg and your energy a living elemental (hence my word eggemental) that will protect your home and property. These guys tend to last until next spring, but you may need to renew tham earlier than that as well. Be wary though, as you may "see" this little guy running around your yard at night!

On the top of the egg I draw an invoking pentacle. Then on one side I draw 2 eyes and a mouth (they dont have to be perfect). After that I take my little guy outside and walk him around the perimeter of the property. I explain to him waht I want him to do, patrol the property border of my home and chase away and negative forces that attempt to set foot inside. I will walk the perimeter 3 times (usually in a clockwise circle) while I hold him in my right hand and fill him with energy.

When I have completed, I will find a nice spot in the garden, or under a tree and bury him to live in the earth and begin his work. I will always make sure that the place I bury him stays fertile throughout the year to honor the work he is doing.

Give it a try this Ostara, and see your Eggemental protect your home from nasties!

No comments:

Post a Comment