Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Christians Desecrate Wiccan religious Site at Air Force Academy

I am absolutely appalled at this! I could say that it makes me angry because I am a Wiccan, but that really isn't the fact. Fact is, it makes me angry because I am a person, a human being. To go through life with such hate for other cultures makes me feel pity and remorse for all that will not be experienced for them in their lives. It is a shame that this sort of intolerance is still around. Not only this, but the fact that it was taken so lightly.
From the Article:

The reaction would have been stronger, Weinstein said, if another worship center had been involved. Had a swastika been placed in the Jewish center, ‘heads would be rolling,’


He's right! Had something of that nature happened we would have heard it all over the news, but have we? Back in 2006/2007 after a 10 year long fight the VA finally approved Wicca as a religion, allowing those that fought and died for their country to be allowed their religious symbols on their gravestones. I thought that this was finally a stop forward (in the right direction) and that it would open the eyes of many people and show them just how many practitioners of Wicca are out there, and maybe be able to educate them on what it is. i guess my hopes were too high.

I don't think that at this point we will ever see religious tolerance in the world we live in. People get so easily blinded by what others tell them to do, and to believe. They close their eyes and their minds and refuse to let a single iota of anything else enter. It all comes down to respect really doesn't it? Respecting the opinions, beliefs and thoughts of other people. Instead we are riddled with aggressive force by groups and individuals that are so clouded they can't remember what the sky looks like.

Many times the belief is so polluted and twisted that the meanings behind it are lost. It's like playing the game telephone, after a while the message gets messed up by the different interpretations of all the different people that play the game.

I could say that I can let this go, but I think many of you know as I do I just can't. Do I get frustrated and even sometimes upset or angry when having a conversation with a person that degrades everything that I believe in? Yes. Do I attempt to educate them and give them a chance to open their minds and learn? Yes. Do they actually make that attempt and reach out from their end to understand? No.

There are fewer of us then we think. Fewer and fewer that are open minded and accepting and respectful. Fewer that are clouded by the thoughts of others and judged by them. Seeing this really did make me think, and I know that I will always be proud of who I am regardless of what others believe me to be. I will always educate others that seek to be educated and NEVER push my thoughts or beliefs on another individual. I will make a constant effort to bring forth religious tolerance (because if we don't we will end up like many other countries).

How do you feel? What do you think when you hear that things like this are still going on and being taken so lightly?

No comments:

Post a Comment